Dates: Saturday 9th October 2021
Duration: 2hrs, 10:00am – 12:00pm
Price: £20 per person
A great way to get started, this is our standard fused glass workshop that will introduce you to the fabulous possibilities of making art with glass. Similar to the school holiday events but this time just for the adults, providing you with some much needed quality time over an extended session, allowing you to make your own tile at a more leisurely pace. You can choose either a 10cm x 10cm square or a 12cm x 8cm rectangle to create your design.
Once you have made your masterpiece you will leave it with us to fire in our kiln; fusing all the components of glass that you have used into one final piece. We will then turn your tile into a slumped trinket dish after a second firing or you can have your tile framed to make a gorgeous picture for your home or to give away as a wonderful gift. You can decide which option to choose after completing the session.
Suitable for beginners and those who just like to keep coming back for more. This adult’s workshop will run for approximately 2hrs with refreshments included so you can switch off, relax, and enjoy getting creative.
You will have access to a rich variety of materials including…
- Glass pieces
- Glass powders
- Enamel pens
At the time of booking, you will receive a confirmation email of your purchase and further details, tips and tricks to help you to get started on creating your own design, making your finished glass tile unique to you.
You do not need to be a budding artist in order to create your own work, so there is no need to worry. You will be supported before and throughout the duration of the class. We also have a selection of varied reference material in the studio available to you should you be struggling for ideas. For a more detailed explanation of materials and terms, please take a look at our glass glossary.
Covid 19 Restrictions
- There are a maximum of 8 spaces available per hourly session. We will only seat people from the same family / friends group together. All those attending are required to wear a face covering and remain seated during the workshop. Any additional items you require will be brought to your table as they are needed.
- Cancellations must be notified 48 hours prior to the workshop to qualify for a full refund, fees are Non-refundable after this. In exceptional circumstances we can arrange a credit for a future workshop as we know sometimes things just happen.
More details about the class:
- Classroom: This workshop will take place in a well ventilated room at our Studio in Jackfield. We have large tables with sneeze screens and hand sanitiser to ensure we are practising the latest Government Covid-19 guidelines.
- Glass Materials and Tools: Your workstation will be set up with all the glass materials and tools you need for the project and there will be no sharing of equipment or tools. Extra materials or equipment will be brought to you if required. We ask you to please remain seated so that we may bring any extra items directly to you.
- Refreshments: Free Tea’s and coffee will be offered on all workshops over 2hrs long.
- PPE: Personal Protective Equipment will be supplied, namely eye protection we offer standard glasses and over glasses. We will be wearing a mask or visor face shield and it is obligatory for anyone attending workshops to wear their own face covering throughout the duration of the workshop.
- Covid-19: By registering for this workshop, you agree to only participate if you are healthy and free from symptoms, Covid-19 typical symptoms or otherwise. You agree not to risk the health of other participants and staff by staying home if there is any illness in question or if you have been in contact with someone else who is Covid-19 positive or suspected positive. You will be given a credit to attend a future class should you miss the workshop due to illness.
- Cancellations: Must be notified 48 hours prior to the workshop to qualify for a full refund, fees are Non-refundable after this. In exceptional circumstances we can arrange a credit for a future workshop as we know sometimes things just happen.