Date: Wednesday 10th August 2022
Duration: Approximately 2.0hrs 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Price: From £36 per person
A lovely workshop where you can create a beautiful Lantern with up to two decorated fused glass panels; for a versatile indoor/outdoor lighting feature. Great for those eagerly awaited barbeque evenings outside, or an alluring addition to your interior living space. Suitable for all levels of ability, although prior experience from one of our introductory fused glass workshops will be beneficial it is not essential. This adult’s workshop will run for approximately 2.0hrs.
You will have access to a rich variety of materials including…
- Glass pieces
- Glass powders
- Enamel pens
At the time of booking, you will receive a confirmation email of your purchase and further details, tips and tricks to help you to get started on creating your own design, making your finished Lantern unique to you.
You do not need to be a budding artist in order to create your own work, so there is no need to worry. You will be supported before and throughout the duration of the class. To help you gain inspiration; you might try looking through photos or images of your favourite place’s, people or subjects such as flowers in your garden, birds, or other artist’s work that inspire you etc.
We also have a selection of varied reference material in the studio for you to look through if you are struggling with ideas.
For a more detailed explanation of materials and terms, please take a look at our glass glossary.
Covid 19 Restrictions
- There are a maximum of 8 spaces available per hourly session. We will only seat people from the same family / friends group together. All those attending are required to remain seated during the workshop. Any additional items you require will be brought to your table as they are needed.
- Cancellations must be notified 48 hours prior to the workshop to qualify for a full refund, fees are Non-refundable after this. In exceptional circumstances we can arrange a credit for a future workshop as we know sometimes things just happen.
More details about the class:
- Classroom: This workshop will take place in a well ventilated room at our Studio in Jackfield. We have large tables with sneeze screens and hand sanitiser to ensure we are practising the latest Government Covid-19 guidelines.
- Glass Materials and Tools: Your workstation will be set up with all the glass materials and tools you need for the project and there will be no sharing of equipment or tools. Extra materials or equipment will be brought to you if required. We ask you to please remain seated so that we may bring any extra items directly to you.
- Refreshments: Free Tea’s and coffee will be offered on all workshops over 2hrs long.
- PPE: Personal Protective Equipment will be supplied, namely eye protection we offer standard glasses and over glasses. We will be wearing a mask or visor face shield and it is obligatory for anyone attending workshops to wear their own face covering throughout the duration of the workshop.
- Covid-19: By registering for this workshop, you agree to only participate if you are healthy and free from symptoms, Covid-19 typical symptoms or otherwise. You agree not to risk the health of other participants and staff by staying home if there is any illness in question or if you have been in contact with someone else who is Covid-19 positive or suspected positive. You will be given a credit to attend a future class should you miss the workshop due to illness.
- Cancellations: Must be notified 48 hours prior to the workshop to qualify for a full refund, fees are Non-refundable after this. In exceptional circumstances we can arrange a credit for a future workshop as we know sometimes things just happen.