Dates: Monday 25th to Saturday 30th October
Duration: Approximately 1hr per slot
Price: £12 per person
A great workshop suitable for all the family including children from 4yrs. These hourly sessions will introduce you to the amazing possibilities of using glass as an art form to create your own unique fused glass tile. Suitable for beginners with no previous experience.
Time slots are:
10.00am – 11.00am
11.30am – 12:30pm
13:30pm – 14:30pm
15:00pm – 16:00pm
During this workshop You will have access to a variety of quality glass materials including:
- Soft edge glass pieces in an array of fabulous colours
- Enamel pens
- Reference material for ideas should you need it
For a more detailed explanation of materials and terms, please take a look at our glass glossary.
When booking is complete you will receive an emailed receipt along with some basic details about the workshop.
You will be given a full explanation and instructions on your arrival to get you started, along with support throughout the session.
Once you have completed your tile you can decide if you would like to leave it as a standard tile or you will have the opportunity to upgrade and have it drilled, so that you can thread ribbon through it to make a hanging, framed to turn your tile into a beautiful picture for your walls, or slumped in a second firing; transforming your piece into a useful trinket dish. These are optional extras; you will be able to see examples of these items on the day should you wish to consider them.
Covid 19 Restrictions
- There are a maximum of 8 spaces available per hourly session. We will only seat people from the same family / friends group together. All those attending are required to wear a face covering and remain seated during the workshop. Any additional items you require will be brought to your table as they are needed.
- Cancellations must be notified 48 hours prior to the workshop to qualify for a full refund, fees are Non-refundable after this. In exceptional circumstances we can arrange a credit for a future workshop as we know sometimes things just happen.
More details about the class:
- Classroom: This workshop will take place in a well ventilated room at our Studio in Jackfield. We have large tables with sneeze screens and hand sanitiser to ensure we are practising the latest Government Covid-19 guidelines.
- Glass Materials and Tools: Your workstation will be set up with all the glass materials and tools you need for the project and there will be no sharing of equipment or tools. Extra materials or equipment will be brought to you if required. We ask you to please remain seated so that we may bring any extra items directly to you.
- Refreshments: Free Tea’s and coffee will be offered on all workshops over 2hrs long.
- PPE: Personal Protective Equipment will be supplied, namely eye protection we offer standard glasses and over glasses. We will be wearing a mask or visor face shield and it is obligatory for anyone attending workshops to wear their own face covering throughout the duration of the workshop.
- Covid-19: By registering for this workshop, you agree to only participate if you are healthy and free from symptoms, Covid-19 typical symptoms or otherwise. You agree not to risk the health of other participants and staff by staying home if there is any illness in question or if you have been in contact with someone else who is Covid-19 positive or suspected positive. You will be given a credit to attend a future class should you miss the workshop due to illness.
- Cancellations: Must be notified 48 hours prior to the workshop to qualify for a full refund, fees are Non-refundable after this. In exceptional circumstances we can arrange a credit for a future workshop as we know sometimes things just happen.